How to profit from the Word of God
A few years ago on a youth camp you had a topic on daily meditation. You supplied us with a list of questions that you should try to answer after reading a piece of scripture. This would assisting reading and remembering what we read. I have lost the questions since then. Could you post them on the website?
Below the requested questions. You can print them off and make them into a bookmark. Indeed, it is very good exercise to seek to answer these questions. I am leading at the moment a Bible study on the prophet Nahum in which I am going to use this approach as a practical illustration. You can listen to these topics as they will be listed on our website.
Profiting From the Word of God
- What does God reveal of Himself in this portion? How should I respond to that?
- How does this portion reveal something I should praise or thank or trust God for?
- What sins does this portion speak of, illustrate, warn against? Are those sins in my life?
- How does this portion reveal something of the Lord Jesus Christ? What does He mean to me?
- What promises does God state here? To whom are these promises addressed? What must I do with such promises?
- What inspiring example – warning example does Holy Spirit set before me? How can I obtain – avoid this?
Reading and meditation are the parents of prayer!